My name is Elizabeth and I live in Maryland. My life currently consists of work, school, and a spattering of social engagements.
I have two wonderful dogs, Rascal and Dickens. Rascal is a shepard mix, and Dickens is a pug/beagle mix (puggle for short). Below is a photo of the two of them. Rascal, on the left, is about twice the size of Dickens, but you can't tell that from this photo.
I'm just beginning my Master's degree here at UMUC, specializing in Information Assurance, with a sprinkling of courses in Homeland Security. While I was always interested in computers, for some reason, I always resisted making it my career - and suddenly, my career became to involve cyber crimes. I finally buckled down to get a more formal education in information technology and information assurance.
I have a wide variety of interests, which caused my undergraduate career some stress. I changed my major four times, and finally graduated with a degree from Earlham College in Political Science with minors in English Literature and Biochemistry. I took a few computer programming courses, but mostly I'm self-taught.
I'm taking ITEC 610 concurrently with ITEC 620, and I hope I haven't taken on more than I can handle. :)

2 comments:
Cute dogs, Elizabeth. I used have a papillion dog named Andy and I miss him a lot.
You will find taking 610 and 620 a bit challenging. I assign a lot of work. But if you practice effective time management you will be okay.
Les
Hi Elizabeth,
Good luck taking 610 and 620. I think you'll do fine if you put the effort into it. I decided to drop 620 because I'm still learning about technology and I realized I would be taking on more then I can handle.
I'm also focusing in the IA realm. I think it is a smart field to get into. I feel a little lost at times, but I'm hoping to change that through a little education.
Good luck to this semester!
Desiree
Post a Comment